The oldest city square. Extends from Vasa Carapic street, around the University Park and Uzun Mirko street. “Pazarište” or large urban market was opened here in 1824. The market was removed in 1927, and the whole area was turned into a park with the monuments to Josif Pancic and Dositej Obradovic.
On the rims of the square Faculties of Philosophy, Philology and Mathematics are situated.