One of the oldest streets in the city. It is assumed that there once existed the Roman forum, basilica and baths (1st and 2nd century AD). Today the representative building of the National Bank of Serbia is situated here. This street marks many new beginnings. The first pharmacy opened for business (No. 8), the first city hotel, ‘’Kod jelena’’ (between Gracanicka and Čubrina, (demolished 1938), the oldest tavern “?” found it’s nitch across from the Patriarchate of the Serbian Orthodox Church.